Thursday, August 30, 2012

So long Memphis, oh how I have enjoyed thee....

The day has finally come. The day that most of the wives can't wait to get here is the day that I CAN wait to get here....

Today was the last home game of the season. We will finish the remainder of our season (which is only 4 days) in Nashville. I can at least say I am thankful that we are finishing up there because I do love it there. I just can't share everyone else's enthusiasm that the season is over.

I am sure you are baffled by my admission, I am sure y'all are thinking "why wouldn't she want to go home and enjoy her new house?!?". While a little tiny part of me does want to go to our new home and enjoy it for the offseason, this is the first time in the past two seasons I have seen my husband enjoy his job again. Yeah sure he has rough days but this season was a good one. It has taken 365 days twice for him to get here and I enjoy watching him play, especially when he is enjoying himself. He not only reached one of the goals he set for himself last night, he surpassed it. He wanted to get 70 strike outs by the end of the season and as of last night he has 71! Pretty proud of that sweet boy, I tell ya!

Overall the season coming to an end is always a bitter sweet one. I cry every time. I know, I know, such a big baby. I just enjoy being able to experience this with Jess and I cherish every moment. So when it's time for us to tell our children stories about our glory days, they see how passionate we are/were about their daddy's career.

We don't have too much on the agenda for tonight since Isaac has made his way into Memphis. Im sure we will head out for a celebratory dinner and then watch some College Football. Oh, you know how it goes....as one season ends another begins....

I hope y'all are staying out of harms way in regards to Isaac! Have a great holiday weekend!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment