Sunday, October 21, 2012

Brooke visits ATX!

Happy Sunday Y'all!

I hope the weekend treated y'all well and much needed rest was gotten! Here in Austin we are still waiting on Fall to arrive. Seems as though she is late but the truth is she will be here....right around Christmas, I'm sure :)

This past weekend Jess' sister came to visit! We were super excited for her to come because a) she hasn't seen our new digs, b) she has never been on 6th Street and c) revert to letters a) and b)! What other reasons do you need to come to Austin??

She arrived on Friday night and we headed out to dinner where we caught up and had some tasty bar-b-que. We then returned home and her and Jess played "Call of Duty". I am not a "Call of Duty" fan, it gives me a little bit of anxiety with all the shooting and blood. Yes, I am a wuss and I like it that way. Give me Mario Bros. or a singing/dancing video game and I. WILL. DOMINATE. Especially with singing and dancing. (Ashlie knows what I'm talking about, she too was blessed like me with a voice of an angel) Anywho, they played that all night and it was pretty entertaining watching them get all torn up if they didn't advance or win the level they were playing. I enjoyed just watching them spend time together, it's not often we get to do that with our family.

Saturday we woke up and just hung around the house until lunch. We then headed out the SoCo better known as South Congress to the Food Truck Park. If you want to get the "real Austin" go sit at one of those picnic tables in that park. You will see all walks of life. Literally. Austin is a very eclectic city and culturally diverse I might add. Brooke had a good time people watching. I was glad she was entertained.

Brooke and Jess picked a Cajun food truck where they got fried shrimp and french fries. I chose the "Pitalicious" truck, the pita was filled with grilled chicken, french fries and p-licious sauce. I wanted to be adventurous, but that left much to be desired. I will just get a sub sandwich next time we go and then hit up the cupcake truck :)

Me with my pita

Taking a picture in front of this wall was on my bucketlist. Thank goodness Brooke was with us to take it!

Brother and Sister in front of a cool tree that you can't really see.

Saturday evening we went to dinner at Iron Cactus and then hit up some bars on 6th. Jess ran into a classmate of his that he hasn't seen since graduation in 2004! It was pretty crazy! Brooke and I had to convince Jess to say something to him. He was really happy/surprised to see Jess. I'm glad we ran into him.

Today we had lunch with Jess' cousins and that was a lot of fun. I wish we could do that once a week with our families. It's nice to catch up and laugh over some yummy food!

It's time for me to get off here and plan the week. I hope everyone has a happy Monday!

love,
E

disclaimer: my thoughts and opinions of the food truck are my own. I was not compensated for any of the comments made about the food truck experience ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment