Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Partial Paleo Beef Stew

Hey y'all! Happy Halloween!

I hope everyone is bingeing on candy like we are today! Eating candy is something I do almost everyday and today is no exception!

Along with all the yummy candy we have been devouring; a beef stew that we made on Monday has also managed to be a prime staple for us this week. I love soups and even though it was around 74 degrees on Monday afternoon I felt that a nice warm soup was perfect for dinner. I found a recipe for Pasta Fagioli online and altered it to fit Jess' diet.

The soup included:
1 32oz box of Vegetable Broth
1 8oz can of Tomato Sauce + 1 can of water after you add the tomato sauce
1 can Cannellini Beans
2 pds of ground meat
2 celery stalks chopped
2 carrots chopped
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1/2 of an onion chopped
1 tbsp basil
1 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp oregano
1 bay leaf
-I also chopped up a couple red, yellow and orange peppers to add to the ground beef while I cooked it. I put in the onions as well to sautee and get soft because Jess hates crunchy onions. While you cook the meat add everything into a big pot and start getting it hot. Once the meat is done add it and set it at a low boil for 20 mins. Just get it hot enough that it isnt luke warm. Soup is never good luke warm or scolding hot :)

This stew is easy and tasty!


Last night Jess had the honor of preparing dinner since I had a been working on my research project for school and wasn't at a stopping point. He is a beast at cooking pork chops so he grilled those along with some dove stuffed with a little jalepeno and wrapped in bacon. It was superb! He was so proud of it he even offered for me to take a picture of his plate!


Now that I have made y'all hungry I will now leave y'all with a sneak peek of our pictures we took! Enjoy!




That's all I can show y'all for now ;)

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment