Sunday, October 28, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

Hello There!

How was y'all's weekend?

Mine? It was pretty eventful! Friday we headed out to East Texas for Jess' family reunion. We stopped in Ennis on our way to check on the status of our spec house. It is coming along nicely and we couldn't be more proud of the progress on it. My parents have been so helpful in guiding and teaching us about this business. Growing up with my parents contracting gave me the impression that I knew a lot about the business but there is so much more that I had no clue about. It's been fun so far and I look forward to what we will learn from here on out.



Before heading on to East Texas we stopped at one of mine and Jess' favorite spots! Bill's Fried Chicken! Bill's is a restaurant in the town that we went to jr. college and its in between our home towns. Since it was lunch time we figured we would get our "fix" in before getting back on the road.


Jess ate there a whole lot more than I did while we went to school there but I think I love it more. I usually opt for the chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and cabbage. They didn't have cabbage that day and the special was beef stew so I decided to change it up a little and go for the beef stew, green beans and mashed potatoes. SUPERB choice by me if I do say so myself. Jess had the chicken fried steak with creamed corn and mashed potatoes. He doesn't really like when I take pictures of him or things in public so I didn't get a picture of his food. Maybe next time :)

After our 5 star lunch we hit the road and finally made it to Kilgore. Fall had finally arrived on Friday so Kilgore was nice and chilly. The change in weather definitely put me in the holiday spirit!

Saturday morning we rose early! Jess went out and helped set up tables for the Blackmon Family Reunion and I stayed at his parents house had coffee and conversated with Jess' mom and aunt. Our niece came over after a while and I played with her a little bit before getting ready to head out to the family reunion.

The Blackmon Family Reunion had about 80 attendees. The weather was pretty chilly with a pretty strong wind from time to time so the activity outside was short lived. We had great catfish, french fries and hush puppies along with many pies, cakes and other desserts! After we ate Jess and I walked around and looked at the changing leaves on the trees. Here are a few pictures I snapped with my phone.






Jess caught me getting a picture of him so he insisted he take one of me. He's too funny, he acts like he doesn't like his picture taken. So. Not. True.

The reunion was over around 4 and then we headed back to Jess' parents house. We were all pooped! Something about reunions is just absolutely tiring. I mean tiring in the nicest way possible too ;)

Last night we went to dinner with Jess' sister, cousin and her husband. I sometimes don't understand why I don't have a six pack after being around them for a weekend. I laugh so hard I know my abs get a better workout than p90x has to offer. A good time was had by all that's for sure!

This morning we left around 6:30am so we could get back and meet up with our friend Joel and his wife. They just had twins and we haven't met them yet so we were dying to see those sweet babies! Joel and Stephanie were glowing and the girls are absolutely precious! I held one of them the entire time they were here. Listening to them talk about being parents was part surreal and part unreal. If that makes any sense? Being parents fit them perfectly and we couldn't be more happy for them!

Now we are home and I'm getting ready for the week. November is going to be a busy month and even though the holiday season is my FAVORITE-ST I need it to sloooooowwww dowwwnnn! There is so much I want to do and I feel like I have no time to do them.

I hope y'all all had a nice weekend and enjoyed the nice weather! I hope Monday morning comes slow and treats y'all well!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment