Sunday, February 24, 2013

Back at it!


Friday marked the first of Spring Training games to start. Only a few teams kicked off that day and Jess was on duty for back up so I made the trip to Orlando to watch the game. Detroit was playing the Atlanta Braves and the Braves' facility is in Walt Disney World! This made me super excited because I have only been there once for Jess' cousin's wedding so I was more than due back to the amusement park!

One of Jess' old teammates from the Cleveland organization is now with the Braves so I met up with his wife before and had lunch. It had been about 3 years since I had seen her and it was so nice to catch up! She is 36 weeks pregnant and looked fabulous! I cannot wait to see baby Jose Cayden in the next couple of weeks!


After we had lunch we headed over to the stadium and I was blown away at just how easy it was to get in, park, get my ticket and find my seat. Usually it is quite a task but that day it flowed so smoothly!

Jess didn't get in to pitch for that game and then threw a bullpen on Saturday morning so didn't "back up" for the home game that yesterday. We decided to head down to Tampa for the evening and visit one of Jess' BFF's and his wife. Josh and Ashley have lived in the Tampa area for about 7 or 8 months now and we have been meaning to get over there and see their home.

We arrived around 5:30 at their place and then headed to dinner about an hour later. They took us to a little area in Dunedin Florida to a Mexican food restaurant. The food was amazing and they even had trapeze artists that perform inside the restaurant.


It was so nice to see them and we look forward to seeing them more while we are here during the Spring!

In baseball news everything is going good. So far Jess has thrown bullpens and has been pleased with them. I will continue to pray that he is guided where God wants him to be and we both fulfill our purposes in where we are at.

I hope the weekend treated all of you well!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment