Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ennis for the weekend!

On Friday I left for Ennis to spend the weekend with my parents and sister. Jess had to go out to West Texas and pick up his hunting equipment before we head out for Spring Training so I took advantage of the opportunity and went to see my fam for the weekend!

My mom stays busy so Friday I ran errands with her and helped her at her office. My sister had to work until 4 so once it got closer to her getting off I headed over to her work to do some shopping! She works at Walgreens and I'm sure most of you know how great their make-up/nail polish selection is so I headed in and picked up a few things. BB Cream is all the rage right now in the make-up world so I finally got my hands on some! I also grabbed a new nail polish, some blush and mascara. I was very pleased with my purchases and will be going back when I run out!

Saturday morning started out early! We had to hit Fort Worth and Dallas all in one day so we had a strict agenda.


We went straight to Fort Worth so I could exchange some boots my parents got me for Christmas. On our way out of the store I spotted a painting and instantly fell in love!


Meet Essie and Bessie! (Yes, I named them! Don't y'all name paintings of animals y'all have?? I'm totally normal by the way!) They will be displayed in our new kitchen (once our house is built) and I can't wait to hang these sweet babies! 

We parked by a cute little Cupcake Shop called Bella's Cupcakes so we popped in there for an afternoon snack! 

Of course I went with the classic Red Velvet! It was absolute de-lish! These cupcakes were the perfect size and I had no problem polishing mine off!

After we were done exploring Fort Worth we ventured on back to Dallas. There is a Virgin De Guadalupe shrine in downtown that my mom wanted to go to before me and Jess left for this season. She wanted to go there specifically to pray for Jess to have clarity and strength to get through the season. We lit candles for him and attended the 5 o'clock mass. I haven't been to a Catholic Mass in a while and I can honestly say I missed it! 



There is no doubt about it though, the views in a Catholic church are breathtaking!

In my book no trip to Dallas is complete without a little shopping! I had some gift cards from Christmas that in my mother's words "have been burning a hole in my purse"! I fixed that problem pretty quick once we got to the mall! Seriously, I was BORN. TO. SHOP. Maybe I will get brave enough to showcase all my new threads on here this week. Showcasing outfits on here is something I have been wanting to do for a while I just don't have the confidence to actually do it! Maybe, just maybe this week will be the week!

I ended up getting back to Kilgore around 5 this evening. I stayed in Ennis a little longer than I planned to help with some stuff on our spec house. Jess was asleep when I got in so I woke him ;) and then around 6 we went to grab something to eat so I could get back in time to watch the ever anticipated Half-Time Show! Beyonce seriously killed it! That girl can move and I had to contain myself from joining her! Beyonce and I go way back, I did a little segment of her "Single Ladies" music video at my wedding so we share a very special bond ;)


I hoped you all enjoyed y'alls weekend! Only 11 more days until pitchers and catcher's report to Spring Training 2013!

Love,
E


No comments:

Post a Comment