Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hotel Hell??

Now I am not one to turn my nose up at hotels or motels. We have just about stayed at any and every type of hotel/motel out there in this journey we call life. One I still in particularly laugh so hard about that tears fill my eyes was in Ruston, LA. Jess and I had only been dating for a short period of time but his parents offered to let me stay in their hotel room so I didn't have to stay alone. Very nice, I know! When we checked in Tom, had to go to the bathroom. Once he was done he came out and said "That floor is so sticky, it nearly pulled my shoes off my feet!" I still die at the thought of him saying that. I barely knew them but he wasn't going to make any bones about where we were staying. We were roughing it, but we couldn't complain. We DID have a roof over our heads and we WERE able to watch Jess do his "thing". That is only one of the many stories I have of him saying things that are absolutely hilarious, that one just pertains to the situation we were in last night....

After talking to a girl who I contacted in the Tigers organization, she gave me a name of a hotel that some of the players on the team stay. I called and made a reservation ASAP and the reviews were not bad so I thought we were all good. My mother warned me that the price sounded too good to be true but me having booked hotels time and time before disregarded her comment and didn't worry about it. Well.....at about 11:30 last night when we stepped foot in the lobby, I realized I should have worried about it. Without going into much detail I will just say Value Inn wasn't for us. I saw fear in Jess' eyes that I have only seen one other time and that was when he almost fell out of his tree stand at home. Then I was laughing, last night not so much. We were both so terrified we didn't even check to see if the floors in the bathroom were sticky and got the heck out of there! We checked into another hotel but the girl working the front desk informed me we could only stay until Friday.

At this point I was frazzled and stressed! I didn't want to go to sleep with the thought of not having a place to stay on Friday and the fact that we were checked into two hotels in one night stressed me even more! Jess made it clear that we "WERE NOT GOING BACK!" to the Value Inn so I was pretty worried about our future here in Lakeland! I finally went to bed close to 1 and had my alarm set for 8am. After driving 16 hours the last thing Jess wanted to hear was that we were getting up at 8, but I wanted to get a jump start on finding a place to stay for the remainder of Spring Training before all the "snow birds" took over the town.

What's that you say? Why didn't I look at other places before now? Oh, I did! They were just all seven grand and up and in the words of Sweet Brown "AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!" But after dragging Jess around Lakeland all morning we finally found a place better yet a manager that was willing to work with us. God works in mysterious ways and he really threw us a bone on this one. Thank you Baby Jesus your timing is always perfect! The place will be staying at doesn't have any vacancy for Friday so our stay will start with them on Saturday. For now we are homeless on Friday but that is another story for another day ;)

Other than that slight catastrophe things are looking good down here in Florida. After we had lunch Jess went to the field so I walked around their complex and snapped some pictures.




The complex is very nice and I look forward to seeing Jess in his new team colors. We will probably head out here in a little while and browse the area so we can familiarize ourselves with it.

I hope everyone is having a Happy Fat Tuesday!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment