Monday, January 13, 2014

20 Weeks!

Hello!



As of today I am 20 weeks along! I cannot believe that I am half way there! It is crazy to me that I have been pregnant for 20 weeks already. I feel like there is so much to do and to buy before our little peanut gets here. This is probably just another over-exaggeration of my mind but I feel SO UNPREPARED.

After longing for a baby for such a enormous amount of time (it felt like anyway), I now feel like (excuse my language) "Oh shit, how do you take care of a baby?" My husband says "it will come natural....". I didn't realize he was such a baby connoisseur, but I am sure he is right.

My head is spinning and having a hard time processing why in the world there are so many brands to choose from when shopping for baby products. Like HELLO?!? I shop at 3 stores for myself and my husband and I feel like we a very taken care of. I am learning that isn't going to fly for our sweet little bundle.

All of you veteran parents are sitting here reading this thinking I am crazy, and I will tell you, I am! I will also tell you my mother is just as crazy and she will snap me back into place in no time if I really start to lose it. So no worries! I will learn shortly parenting is the hardest, most rewarding thing in this world and everyone fails once. Or twice....three times :)

Enough about my crazy antics, here is a 20 week update!


How far along: 20 weeks
Gender: Boy!
Weight gain: Still not exactly sure but I assure y'all weight gain has taken place.
Maternity clothes: Still wearing normal clothes except for the occasional maternity leggings.  
Stretch marks: Still none so far.
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: A little off. I keep waking up on my back so I am finding it hard to sleep because I keep waking up to make sure I am not on my back. 
Best moment this week: I think I have finally started to feel him move!
Worst moment this week: I have been experiencing some not so fun cramps and pains in my lower abdomen. This does not only not feel good but also makes me worried to death! 
Miss anything: Sometimes I get the urge to run or jump. Old habits die hard. 
Movement: Yes!
Cravings: Peanut butter and jelly is the latest on the menu. 
Queasy or Sick: Feeling good!
Looking forward to: His crib being delivered. I cannot wait to see it!

I hope Monday has treated y'all well! I'm off to finish cooking dinner and then do more research on diaper bags ;)

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment