Thursday, January 23, 2014

House Tour Pt. 1

If you keep up with my blog you know that we built a new house this past offseason. The slab was poured on August 31st and we moved in on December 24th! My parents partnered with my aunt and uncle have a contracting company out of Ennis, TX named JSJA Enterprises. They build custom homes so they headed the whole project for us along with help from Jess' parents! Jess and I worked with an architect to get our house plan perfect before we left for baseball season last year. So once that was done and our house sold in Austin they got down to business!


 Entry Way


You can see these doors in the picture 2 above this one. This is the entrance to my office. 


My office! 

I wanted this room to be black and white themed. The little desk was my grandma's when she was little and the upholstered chair with the mirror above it were Jess' Memaw's. I am a pretty sentimental person so I try to incorporate things that were our families in our house. It helps me not miss them so much ;)

The living room! Probably one of my fave rooms in the house. The fireplace serves as a double one, with the other being on our back porch. My dad built the mantle that the TV hangs over and it perfectly compliments the cedar he and Jess put up in the ceiling. 




I still have a ton of decorating to do. The decor you see are all things that were in our house in Austin that are/were technically brand new. I will post the rest of the house another day but that's all I will bore you with today. I still can't believe that our house was built in just four short months! I will tell you it felt like longer with Jess being gone to Venezuela and my mom and dad making a 2 hour trip every weekend.

Many people worked tirelessly to get us into our house so that we could enjoy it before we left for Spring Training and we are so thankful for that. God is so good and without him this house wouldn't have even been built. I thank him daily for the blessings he has given us and I cannot tell you how grateful I am for every part of my life. We also want to thank our parents for all the work they did in and on our house. God blessed us again by giving us both the best parents in the world!

Happy Thursday Y'all!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment