Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Miles and Milestones


We started our trek out to the West Coast early Sunday morning. We didn't really want to leave since the weather called for severe sleet, rain and snow but we knew if we waited any longer we would just push back our arrival and with Jess starting camp on Thursday, that just wasn't an option.

So we drove! We got on the road just in time and through Abilene before they shut down all traffic through there. I felt unusually tired so I slept a little while. I usually don't ever sleep especially if it's dark out because I think 4 eyes are better than 2.

Since the sleet and snow did slow us down a bit we decided to stop in Las Cruces, NM for the night. We were both beat so it was a good stopping point since it was only 6 hours from Scottsdale.

We got up at 5:15 the next morning and got back at it. Jess drove a few hours then I did and it went by relatively fast even though we were dying to just GET HERE! After 17 hours and over 1,100 miles later we finally made it and safely at that. Praise the Lord!

I started to feel congested during the last part of our drive but figured it was just the climate change getting the best of me. I was up at 4am this morning because I couldn't breathe and was coughing my head off. It only progressed throughout the morning so I called my OB and asked what I should do. It took a few hours for her to call me back so during my wait I MADE myself get dressed and begged Jess to take me to buy maternity pants. He wanted me to just rest and take it easy but we had planned to go yesterday when we thought I just had allergies.


He gave in so we went and found a Destination Maternity. While we were there I felt horrible. I didn't even want to shop but I wanted so badly to feel good and enjoy hitting the milestone of finally being able to wear maternity clothes so I just kept on trucking! My OB nurse ended up calling me back while I was trying on clothes and prompted me to go to an Urgent Care and get a Flu swab. The over-reacter in me, the George Banks per se, wanted to flip but I honestly felt too sick to make a big deal about it.

We searched for an Urgent Care nearby and after one failed attempt we found one. We waited for 15 minutes before going back. I ended up having fever and so they proceeded to give me the swab. I will say I am glad that no one told me what a flu swab was. I wanted to DIE as he stuck that q-tip down into my brain. Jess said he had to look away because it made him sick to his stomach. I probably would have passed out if I would have observed it being done but thank God it's over!

The doctor gave me a prescription for Tamiflu but I have to wait until he calls me tomorrow with the results before I can take it. I feel so sorry for my baby, I hope he isn't hurting in there. Being sick is the pits! Especially when you just arrived to sunny 65 degree weather and baseball season is upon us! I hope that I just have a bug and it goes away tomorrow, I honestly can't take this much longer. I want to cry!

As soon as I feel better I promise to post a 23 week update, pictures of our condo here in AZ and all of what we are up to out here!

Until then stay inside! Don't talk to anyone or go anywhere! I don't want any of you getting sick!

Have a great week!

Love,
E


No comments:

Post a Comment