Friday, March 15, 2013

Many Hats

Although my love for Fashion has had me showcase many hats in my day, I "sport" many invisible ones daily.

Like today I was a chauffeur, Jess was done by lunch and since he wasn't feeling a sandwich from home he wanted one from Subway or I would have been a cook too. I was a personal assistant by apartment hunting and finding the PERFECT apartment for season while it being the right price, right distance from the field and right size for my husband. This was a task this year. Like I have said before, I wasn't going to have the hotel hell situation again so this caused me to really dig deep.

To round out the afternoon I was a therapist/counselor and then for my own good a student. The funny thing about all these hats is that last year and years before I honestly had a melt down every other week. I am a huge planner so not knowing what was going on and where we were going drove me nuts. I don't know if it is maturity (which I doubt it, I can overreact like George Banks on any given day) or pure exhaustion that has led me to chill out a bit. On top of that I feel so strong in my faith right now and I truly believe something wonderful is in store for Jess this year. I don't know how prepared Jess is but I am prepared to take on whatever agenda God has for us. I can't lie, as I am typing this I feel my heart tug a little with doubt, but there is no turning back. I am pressing on, I want what the good Lord above has planned for me.

I have had a really good time here in Lakeland even though the atmosphere is no West Palm. I have met really nice girls; one in particular, who since our husbands have the same last name we get mistaken as being related and the boys are mistaken as brothers all the time. Her husband's name is Jade so fittingly two J names followed by the last name Todd would only mean their brothers, right? She says we should just own it so I think I am just going to start saying "yes"when they ask if we are related.

We had a Women's Luncheon in Largo, FL this week that we went to and it was really nice. It is put on by Baseball Chapel and a couple of different women speak that have been in the game and know how our lives are. Books are provided for us to take if we want them so I grabbed a few and I am really excited about one of them I nabbed. I also was able to see Jill, Chris' wife and that was a nice surprise!

This week has been a busy one with Jess backing up in Clearwater on Tuesday and Port St. Lucie yesterday that it flew by. Camp is supposed to break on the 30th for us to drive wherever our team is at for the season so that leaves just about 15 days here. It's so exciting to me and I am so excited to see what is in store for us this season!

I hope y'all's week has been a good one!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment