Saturday, March 2, 2013

One Thousand Gifts

Happy March 2nd y'all!

Thank goodness there is only 9 months and 23 days left until Christmas!

Haha! Just kidding....but not really! I was talking to my sister last night and we were both saying how we couldn't wait for Christmas to get here. We are crazy, I know!

While we do have a while before the holiday season is back in full force, one season that is in full swing is the baseball one. Things have been going good and we are so thankful for that. Jess has backed up a couple of games but has yet to get in the actual game. He is actually backing up today against the Pirates so maybe today is THE day ;)

If not it's no biggie, he will get his chance. I'm not worried....

Worried, worry, worrying. One word=immense impact. Worrying is something that both Jess and I have come to know quite well. Most of the time we both have to slap ourselves out of it but sometimes (and I admit this shamefully) it takes over our psyche for a little bit.

Like I have said ONE MILLION times and will say it one million more, we are so blessed. Too blessed, but we (I) do still worry. Me more than he but men don't really show emotions anyway. A way that has been helping me not worry so much is a book called "One Thousand Gifts". It is a book written by a woman who has endured some painful seasons in her life but has taken it upon herself to write down one thousand things she is thankful for. I mean every little thing she could possibly be thankful for. While washing dishes she stopped to write down "362. Suds...all color in sun" this was her being thankful for the way the sun reflected colors through the suds. I mean something so very small she is thankful for. Every day little things that we as humans just take for granted unknowingly.

I decided to take on this approach to help keep positivity in my life. I will share a few with you every now and then and hopefully I will reach my list of one thousand gifts.

1. My family.

2. My health.

3. My life.

4. All the places I have been.

5. Coffee, I love coffee.

These are in no particular order, I just started writing things down and this is how it flowed out of me. I mean if we were really ranking things, grilled cheese or macaroni and cheese would be before coffee. Just saying.

I hope that if any of y'all are burdened with worry this approach will help you get through it. Just take a minute and start jotting things down. You won't regret it ;)

I hope y'all all have a fabulous weekend!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment