Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Full Swing

Season is in full swing now and we have gotten somewhat of a routine going. We found this fun little spot called Focaccia's that we LOVE to eat breakfast at. Jess is no early bird but since the restaurant stops serving breakfast at 11 he makes me set the alarm for 9:30 just so we can get there in time for it!
Our "usual" consists of Jess ordering the Focaccia's Special and half an order of pancakes. We share those and I order a toasted bagel with fruit. They make all the bread there from scratch and it is absolutely amazing!

Duke our old roomie was in town for this series so we took him there this morning. Not that we needed a reason to go we just wanted to share the hot little spot with him. Good food and great conversation was had by all!

I found this photo of Jess from Opening Day and thought I would share. It perfectly depicts just how he is on the field. Rough looking with a mouth full of dip! ;)
He has been throwing a lot which has been such a blessing. He is really doing well and he is so happy. I thank God everyday for the opportunity/ies that he gives Jess and couldn't be more thankful. May all the glory be to God in all that we do!

Jess' birthday is on Saturday and he is not looking forward to it. He is turning 27 and you would think he was turning 40 by the way he acts about it. He asked me if we could not celebrate birthday's anymore, I looked at him like he had 3 eyes! Holidays and Birthdays are my specialties! I can't just pretend that they aren't happening! I have some fun surprises in store for him that will hopefully ease the pain of turning 27!

We will be in Columbus for his birthday so heading back to his old stomping grounds might be a little bitter sweet. We plan to see our good friends Sumita and Mark so that is one thing we are really looking forward to! 

I want to share a quick note of just how saddened I am over the Boston Marathon Bombings. I feel for everyone impacted by the event and I pray for peace, healing and comfort through this unbelievable time. May all the families look to God to see them through and for understanding. 

I love you all.
-E


No comments:

Post a Comment