Friday, April 12, 2013

Tornado at the Airport!


On Wednesday afternoon I headed out from Dallas to Detroit. I had to stop in St. Louis for a plane change and was supposed to head out from there at 7:10. Mother Nature had other plans for me as well as many others. The weather progressively got worse in quick and in a hurry which resulted my flight getting delayed. 7:10 turned into 7:40 then 8:40 then 9:10 then 11:00 then to 11:55 and then rounding out and finally boarding at 12:05 which in result left at 12:25am!

I had given up "soda" but these delays sent me over the edge and I had to have a nice, icy, cold Coke Zero hit my lips. It worked wonders for my mood because I really thought I was going to lose it. All of these delays were because a Tornado decided to touch down near the airport. They came on the overhead speaker telling everyone to get away from any glass (which was impossible the whole dang airport was glass) and to take cover in the hallway of the bathroom or get under a table. They concluded the message with "Do not panic", uhhhmmm you just told me to take cover for a freakin' tornado, I'm going to panic a little bit!!!! Or a lot bit, you can make your own assumption on how I reacted ;)

At least I can mark #399 of my bucket list "Take cover for a tornado at an airport" off. Not really though, I hope that never happens again! In the end I made it to Detroit safely and soundly, praise The Lord! It was a long day and night but I was safe and back with my husband so I couldn't have been more thankful!



Opening day was yesterday so in usual fashion I hit the ground running when I got here. The game was at 5pm Eastern time and just as opening ceremonies started so did a light rain. It ended up raining pretty much the whole game but not enough to stop it. Jess pitched 1 inning and he said it was the coldest he had ever felt on the mound. They were all breathing smoke the entire time they were out there, it looked absolutely miserable. Poor guys! They got through it though and now the Toledo Mudhens 2013 Season is underway!

I hope y'all are enjoying y'all's nice springy weather! I think we will get some spring-like weather somewhere around June ;)

Happy Friday!

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment