Monday, April 22, 2013

Jess Turns 27!

Saturday was Jess' 27th Birthday. He asked me a couple of weeks ago if we could not celebrate his birthday this year because he is "old". Ha!

He knows how much love I have for Holidays and Birthdays so the fact that he even tried to convince me to let it go unnoticed is brave. I appreciate his effort though. Not really ;)

As resistant as he was, once midnight hit on Friday he was all game for getting his presents. So like a 7 year old rather than a 27 year old he jumped up and got his presents from where I had them hid in our hotel room.


He received another pair of Lululemon pants and some new custom Oakleys! He got his first pair of Lululemon pants last Spring Training and some days refuses to take them off so I got him another pair while I was home in Dallas. The Oakley's he got have his initials in them and they are pretty slick looking if you ask me! The next morning Jess' team was leaving out on the road for the next 11 days so we left to Columbus bright and early. When I opened the curtains we were greeted by SNOW! April 20th and there was snow of the ground?!? Cray!

We took a scenic route to Columbus due to my stupid GPS but enjoyed the beautiful views of farms and open pastures. I was tempted to stop and take pictures but knew that since it was only 30 degrees out, Jess was not going to be up for that.

Once we arrived in Columbus around 11:30am we checked in our hotel and quickly headed to one of our fave spots to eat. We shared pancakes while we each got our own eggs, fruit, toast and sausage. It was a great Birthday Brunch!

Jess did allow me to snap a few pictures on our walk back to the hotel and even though it was pretty frigid it was worth it.



Looking back at the time we were living there it's hard to exactly see why we were so unhappy. It was definitely a learning experience that I am grateful for. Being there reiterated that God has a plan and though it may be hard at the time, there is always a blessing somewhere in the situation.

After Jess left to the field I took a cookie cake and some cookies up to the Clubhouse so the clubby could put them in the locker room for him. I mean it's your Birthday! You HAVE to eat cake! I saw some of the old clubbies and spoke with some of the people who worked at the field when we were there. I was sure they weren't going to remember me but they did! I was greeted with "Hello, Mrs. Todd! How are you?, It's been a while!" Bittersweet moment for sure but it felt so nice that they remembered me. Jess even said he had a nice time catching up with them. 

After that I headed out to Sumita and Mark's house to spend the afternoon with them before we headed to the game. Something about their house feels like home to me. We will be forever grateful for the friendship that developed between our family and theirs and being in Toledo this season is going to allow us to see them a lot. We are totally looking forward to that!



My flight left at 8:30am the next morning so after the game we went over to Boston's and had a nice dinner. Jess was able to catch up with Mark and we all had a ball!

I am back in Texas now until the 30th so I will be soaking up all the nice weather (hopefully) until I head back up North. I hope y'all enjoyed the weekend and are out getting some pretty pictures taken in the flowers that Spring has sprung ;)

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment